Amarnath Yatra Packages
The annual pilgrimage to the sacred cave shrine of Amarnath which takes you through some of the most breathtaking beauty of Jammu and Kashmir. This legendary cave is placed on a very high elevation making it one of the most remote pilgrimage locations in India. People come here from all over the world for a limited number of days when the yatra opens up for the pilgrims and devotees to offer their prayers to the stalagmite formation of Shivling. The journey is extremely difficult and challenging but can be completed with proper planning.
Amarnath Yatra 2023 opening and closing dates
|Opening Date||Closing Date|
|1st July 2023||31st August 2023|
Amarnath Yatra by Helicopter
3 Days / 2 Nights
Srinagar - Baltal - Amarnath
Amarnath Yatra Package
4 Days / 3 Nights
Srinagar - Baltal - Amarnath
Amarnath yatra by helicopter
4 Days / 3 Nights
Srinagar- Sonmarg -Neelgrath -Baltal- Panchtarni- Amarnath Holy Cave-Srinagar
Special package for Amarnath with VaishnoDevi
9 Days / 8 Nights
Amritsar - Wagha Border -Katra -Vaishno Devi -Jammu Gulmarg -Sonamarg -Amarnath-Holy Cave -Kheer Bhawani Temple
The packages for Amarnath Yatra are present in various variations that gives the devotees the opportunity to choose from different tour packages for Amarnath. Adorning on an elevation of around 3,888 meters above sea level i.e. 12,756 feet the cave remains covered in snow for a very long time and only opens for visitation for a month or sometimes even less than that. If you are planning on visiting this legendary place then make sure you have all your bookings done. Reached via the town of Pahalgam this has to be one of the holiest places of worship in India.
Not only is this one of the most iconic Jyotirlinga in the world but it is also a holy Maha Shakti Peeth of India. All the range of packages available are present at affordable rates. The relevance of this place lies in the fact that it was here that Lord Shiva had told his consort goddess Parvati the secrets of life. This place has also found its mention in various mythological and legendary Hindu texts like the Puranas and Mahabharata. The visit to this cave is considered to rid everyone of their sins and enlighten them.
Dress Code: - No Restrictions for dress code, It is better to carry woollen clothes.
- Persons below 13 years and above 70 years are not allowed.
- Pregnant women over 6 weeks are not allowed.
Certificate Required for Amarnath yatra
- Yatra Permit- Not required for Those who travel by Helicopter
- Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) to be issued by anyone from the list of the state / UT wise authorized doctors / Medical Institutions
- Valid Photo IDs: - Valid Passport / Driving License / Election Card / Pan Card / Photo Id issued by Govt. /PSU and School Photo ID
Important Links Regarding Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2023
How to register for Amarnath Yatra 2023?
Online Registration :- Click here to Register Online 2023
Download the form
- Download Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) for Yatra 2023
- Application Form For Group and NRI / Ex-India Pilgrims 2023
- Procedure for NRI / Ex india Pilgrims for Yatra 2023
- List of Authorised Institutions/Doctors for issuing Compulsory Certificates for Yatra 2023
- State Wise List of Designated Bank Branches for Advance Registration 2023
- Step by Step Procedure Through Designated Bank Branches For Advance Registraion
- It is mandatory for every registered yatri to collect his or her RFID card from designated locations in Jammu and Srinagar before embarking on the yatra.
- Your journey shall involve trekking across high mountains, facing strong cold winds. You must carry
(i) adequate woollen clothing.
(ii) a small umbrella (preferably one which is tied with an elastic band around your head and supported by a strap around the chin).
(iii) windcheater; (iv) raincoat; (v) waterproof trekking shoes; (vi) torch; (vii) walking stick; (viii) cap (preferably a monkey cap); (ix) gloves; (x) jacket; (xi) woollen socks; (xii) trousers (preferably a waterproof pair).
These items are essential as the climate is highly unpredictable and changes abruptly from sunny weather to rain and snow. The temperature can sometimes abruptly fall to 5 degrees Celsius or lower.
- For ladies, a sari is not a suitable dress for the yatra. Salwar Kameez, a pantsuit, or a track suit will be better. Ladies who are more than six weeks pregnant shall not be allowed to undertake the pilgrimage.
- Keeping in view the tough nature of the trek, children below 13 years of age and elderly persons above the age of 70 shall not be permitted to undertake the pilgrimage.
- You must strictly follow the instructions issued by the Yatra administration, from time to time.
- Don’t stop at places that are marked by warning notices.
- Don’t attempt any short cuts on the route, as doing so would be dangerous.
- Earth, water, air, fire, and the sky are integral parts of Lord Shiva. The Base Camp and the entire Yatra routes are the abode of Shri Amarnathji. Throughout your pilgrimage, you must respect the environment and do nothing to pollute it.
- All waste materials must be placed in the nearest trash can. All organic waste must be disposed of in the green dustbin.
- Postpaid connection required in the Jammu and Kashmir sector. Please carry postpaid mobile connections.
- Prepare for the yatra by achieving physical fitness. It is advisable to start a preparatory morning or evening walk of about 4-5 km per day at least a month prior to the yatra.
- Start deep breathing exercises and yoga, particularly pranayam, for improving the oxygen efficiency of the body.
- Do drink lots of water to combat dehydration and headaches—about 5 litres of fluid per day.
- Consume plenty of carbohydrates to reduce fatigue and prevent low blood sugar levels.
- If you start having symptoms of altitude illness, descend immediately to a lower elevation.
- In case of any signs of high altitude sickness or any other discomfort, immediately contact the nearest medical facility, located every 2 kilometres.
- Slippers are not recommended because the path to the Holy Cave is steep. It is best to wear trekking shoes with laces.
- Don't drink alcohol, caffeine-containing drinks, or smoke.
- Don't accept everything a sick Yatri says since his or her judgement is impaired.
- Don't ignore the symptoms of high altitude illness.
Note: Please keep in mind the following points before embarking on the yatra
- A medical certificate should be issued by a doctor or hospital authorised in your state.
- The photo file must be in.JPEG or.JPG format and no larger than 1MB in size.
- A medical certificate should be scanned and uploaded in .PDF format only while registering. The size should not be more than 1MB.
- Persons with ages below 13 years and above 70 years are not allowed.
- Pregnant women with more than six weeks of pregnancy are not allowed.
- Carry your original photo ID and medical certificate with you during the yatra.
Health Advisory 2023
- The pilgrimage to the Holy Cave of Shri Amarnathji involves trekking at altitudes as high as 14000 feet.
- Yatris may develop high altitude sickness with the following symptoms: loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, weakness, dizziness, lightheadedness, and difficulty sleeping; visual impairment; bladder dysfunction; bowel dysfunction, loss of coordination of movements, paralysis on one side of the body, gradual loss of consciousness and mental status changes, drowsiness; chest tightness, fullness, congestion, fast breathing; and an increased heart rate.
- If high altitude sickness is not treated timely, it may be lethal in a matter of hours.
Question and Answer about Amarnath Yatra
Q1- Is it possible to go without registering for Yatra?
Answer -No, without registration, you cannot participate.
Q2- Who is Baba Barfani, Lord Amarnathji's other name?
Answer -Due to the ice stalagmite that resembles the Shiva Linga in the holy cave, Lord Amarnath ji is also known as Baba Barfani. The meaning of Barfani in Hindi is made of ice. This is the reason Lord Amarnathji is also known as Baba Barfani.